The mission of International Peace Initiatives is to promote cultures of peace by supporting sustainable initiatives that improve livelihoods and enhance quality of life. IPI-U.S. is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit that helps fund, and gives advice and technical assistance to IPI-Kenya, which runs all operations in Meru, Kenya.
International Peace Initiatives envisions a world where violence, poverty and disease no longer exist and every individual lives in dignity and with integrity.
Who We Serve
Specifically, IPI builds a new generation of leaders through peace and ethical leadership programs, and provides orphans, women living with HIV/AIDS, survivors of violence, and communities with the tools and resources to move from violence, poverty, and crisis to stability and self-reliance, thereby building resilient communities.
- Participatory and holistic approach to development and peace-building
- Human rights, child rights and women’s rights focus
- We embrace practices that enhance environmental, social and economic sustainability
- Promoting equality, equity and justice
- All 73 children living in the Children’s Home earn B+- A+ averages in school
- Over 50 children have successfully moved on from primary day scholars to secondary boarding schools.
- 30 KACH kids have graduated with Bachelor’s degrees in International Relations, Business, Finance, Sustainable Peacebuilding, Computer Science and Math, Computer Engineering, Education, Journalism, and more
- Five KACH kids have completed their Master’s degrees and one will complete his PH.D. in 2022
- 85% of IPI’s Vocational Skills School graduates have set up their own businesses
- 600 women have been trained in valuable skills
- 50,000 people been impacted by peace programs and community outreach programs